We are 3 short weeks away from Christmas Village 2019! I have one critical update…the address sent to you in the October 1stemail for shipping was incorrect! The correct address is 401 Wingrove St. Nashville, TN 37203.
We are working diligently on parking assignments after our meeting last week. I hope to email assignments no later than November 1st. Thank you for your understanding and patience. It was quite an undertaking to assign booth locations and now parking is the next challenge. We are taking our time to make sure we get it right.
We are going to allow merchants to enter the parking lots at Noon on Wednesday, November 13th. You will be going directly to your assigned parking spot. The new expo buildings have exterior-entry restrooms so you will have access to these. The buildings will not open until 3:00 pm as Fern will need the time to complete set up. Set up will be Wednesday 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm and Thursday 7:00 am – 2:00 pm. The show opens for a VIP party this year at 3:30 pm so all set up must be complete by 2:00 pm so there is time to clean up prior to opening.
There will only be one entrance to the Fairgrounds – the Wedgewood/Rains entrance so please be patient! We will have two lines to distribute parking passes to help with the traffic.
Again, thank you for your patience! We will be in touch as soon as we have all parking assignments complete and have further details available.
Information below was sent in the last update.
- All merchant parking will be assigned this year – including for load in as traffic patterns are going to be tricky and all of the staffs have agreed that this will make for the smoothest move in.
- Shipping information: All packages should be shipped to: Fairgrounds Nashville 401 Wingrove Street Nashville, TN 37203. You must have your booth name and number on the package so that it can be delivered. Packages delivered during the show will be left at the information booth and you will be paged to pick them up. Freight/packages delivered prior to Monday, November 11th will be refused. Packages must be sent UPS or Fed Ex.
- Merchant parking assignments will be posted to the Christmas Village website on Friday, November 1st. All information regarding entry in to the Fairgrounds and parking will be emailed as well on that day and posted on the website.
- Check in: All merchants must register formally no later than Thursday, November 14th at 10:00 am CST at the front of Building A. If merchant sets up on Wednesday evening, packets should be ready between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm. If you pick your packet up Wednesday evening, you do not need to check back in with the Christmas Village staff on Thursday. Any merchant who hasn’t checked in by Thursday, November 14th at 10:00 am will forfeit their booth and fees.
- Merchant Entrances: During set-up, all entrances will be open to you including the main entrance Building A. Beginning at 2:00 pm on Thursday, through 6:00 pm on Sunday, we will expect merchants to use one of the designated Merchant Entrances. You can leave Merchant Passes for shift workers at your merchant entrance. Merchant Passes must be worn at all times. Only Sneak A Peek merchant passes are acceptable for the show on Thursday. There will be four merchant entrances. These are clearly indicated on the site map that will be updated and posted by the end of this week. If you want to verify your booth number, you may reference the list of merchants on the website (which will also be updated by the end of this week). Please decide which location is most convenient for you and tell all of your workers to use the one you have chosen.
- Security: This is always a concern at a show of our size. We will have uniformed security patrolling the buildings at all times during the show. We will allow merchants to remain in the building 30 minutes after closing and to enter the building one hour before we open each day.
- Merchant Bank: Suntrust Bank will be providing the merchant bank. The hours will be Thursday, 3:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. *Note that the bank again will close early on Friday so make provisions before 5:00 pm for any change needs you will have. We are open until 9:00 pm on Friday.
- Show Entrances: There will be two entrances open for shoppers Thursday – Sunday. Building A will be considered the main entrance (where the information booth and Will Call are) and Building C will be the secondary entrance. The shuttles will be dropping off at both entrances. Additionally, as stated before there will be a third entrance briefly for VIP’s on Thursday night from the breezeway into building 2 next to the restaurant.
- Tear Down/Move out: You may not begin tearing down in any way until 6:00 pm on Sunday. We sell tickets as late as 5:00 pm on Sunday and our customers deserve to have time to shop. You must be completely moved out of the Fairgrounds by 10 pm on Sunday. We will be imposing fines of $100 for late move-out. Please plan ahead and bring more help if this is going to be a problem. We are having to pay the Fairgrounds for any time we are still in buildings on Sunday night, and therefore will be passing along the fees to those merchants who are causing us to incur late move-out fees.
- Merchant Regulations: Make sure that you read the merchant regulations so that you will be in compliance during the show. These rules and regulations will be strictly enforced and may jeopardize your ability to participate as a vendor in Christmas Village in the future. If you don’t have the copy you received with your contract, there is a copy on our website and you will receive another copy at check in.
Your merchandise, display and workers MUST stay within your booth space. Any encroachment in aisles or walkways will not be tolerated. This is a safety hazard for all and is especially discourteous to other merchants.
Remember NO merchandise or booth structure can be attached to the booth’s poles or drapes. NO exceptions! The only item allowed to be affixed to the pole is professional signage, no larger than 4’ X 8’.
- Site Map: A site map of the 2019 show is posted on the website. This map was revised as of October 1st and should be posted by the end of this week.
- Concessions: D& D Events will again serve as the concessionaire at the Fairgrounds this year. Their new restaurant will have lots to offer in terms of prepared food that you can pick up and take as well as food to order. The food is very tasty so plan accordingly! Specific information about times will follow later in October.
- Wifi: There is free wifi in all of the buildings. You will need to register the first time you use it.
Finally, thank you for your cooperation and patience this year. As you know, the Nashville Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club has been putting on Christmas Village for 59 years. We are a group of women who volunteer our time for a great cause and the quality of our merchants helps make our work worthwhile. We have worked tirelessly this year on your behalf to make sure that our show and our merchants are taken care of through the transition that is happening at the Fairgrounds Nashville. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation and patience as we experience this new venture together! If you have any further questions, please email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in a few short weeks!
Ann McKinney, Klaire Powers & Kelly Stanford
Merchant Contracting Chairmen