About: Christmas Village
Christmas Village is one of the oldest charitable events in Nashville, supported and run entirely by volunteers from the Nashville Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club. During the 56-year history, the event has generated over 11.3 million dollars benefiting thousands of people, as the proceeds support:
Watch a video about who benefits from Christmas Village.
Christmas Village Facts
- The annual event requires more than 1,500 volunteer hours by more than 200 volunteers comprised of women who are members of the Nashville Pi Beta Phi Alumnae Club, members of the Pi Beta Phi fraternity from colleges and universities all of the US and Canada who live in the Middle Tennessee area, as well as active members of the Pi Beta Phi chapter at Vanderbilt University.
- The only month volunteers take off is December
- Christmas Village generates roughly $2.5 million annually through ticket sales, merchant fees, sales tax revenue to Metro Davidson County as well as other support of the local economy by out of town shoppers and vendors.
- Close to 30,000 shoppers from Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama attend the annual event.
- Christmas Village is held annually at The Fairgrounds Nashville with Sneak-A-Peek scheduled for the second Thursday in November.
- There are more than 260 merchants from 25 states who participate in Christmas Village.
- Christmas Village proceeds are raised through ticket sales, application fees paid by prospective merchants, merchant fees, patron and corporate donations, shopping bag and t-shirt sales and wine sales at Sneak A Peek.
- Christmas Village proceeds have supported special hearing and speech programs at the Vanderbilt Bill Wilkerson Center, teens and adults recovering from traumatic heady injury and stroke at the Vanderbilt Pi Beta Phi Rehabilitation Institute and aspiring artists at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg, TN.
- The Merchant Contracting committee is committed to establishing a mix in each building of established favorites with new exceptional merchants offering a variety of styles and products including artwork, children’s clothing & gifts, clothing & accessories, food, garden/yard art, holiday gifts, housewares, non-profit gifts, health, bath & beauty, home décor, jewelry, men’s gifts, personalized gifts, pet gifts and toys.
- Christmas Village is run by two co-chairmen and a board of roughly 30 women that meet throughout the year beginning in January.
2017 Christmas Village Board
- Kendra Melnyk: Board Chair and Prospective Merchants
- Kelly Lynch: Co-Chair and Social Media
- Molly Myer: Co-Chair
- Susan Booth: Treasurer
- Angela Bostelman: Secretary
- Hadley Stack: Alum Club Representative
- Grace Powlus: Advertising
- Shelby Greene: Advanced Tickets
- Ashley Seth: Advanced Tickets
- Katie Winczewski: At Show Tickets
- Carol Hicks: Hospitality
- Ann McKinney: Merchant Contracting and Book Keeper
- Taylor Brown: Merchant Contracting
- Nancy Tice: Patron
- Rachel Isom: Printing
- Ashley Robin: Prospective Merchants
- Jensen Sessums: Publicity
- Klaire Powers: Site Management
- Kelly Stanford: Site Management
- Colleen Bracken: Sneak-A-Peek
- Susan McDavitt: Sneak-A-Peek
- Kimberly Crowe: Sustainer
- Beth Parrish: Sustainer
- Jeanie du Gan: Volunteers
- Becky Griffith: Wine Bar
- Sharina Jones: Wine Bar
Are you a Pi Phi and interested in serving on the 2017 Christmas Village Board? If so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to help out with next year’s Village!